In this detailed SiteGround StartUp Review I will share every single detailed about this SiteGround Hosting plan. Undoubtedly, SiteGround is the #1 Host In many Facebook polls and social platforms. But StartUp plan lacks many essential features, which you can get by paying $2/mo extra with GrowBig plan.
After the recent price hike in SiteGround Hosting, is the SiteGround GrowBig Pricing worth for beginners? This is what we will find out in this detailed review Of SiteGround StartUp Plan.
Quick SiteGround StartUp Review 2020
SiteGround’s StartUp plan is only good for hosting 1 single low-traffic website. In fact this plan lacks many essential features and cost wise it is very much expensive. Here are few Pros Conns of SiteGround StartUp Plan. You can wait for SiteGround 2020 Black Friday Sale to get 75% discount on their web hosting plans.
- FREE Cloudflare CDN Service
- NGINX Server & SSD Storage
- FREE SSL & Backups with StartUp account
- 99.99% uptime Guaranteed
- High-Quality Servers
- Very Costly ($6.95/mo)
- Only 1 Website allowed
- No priority support
- Less resources & traffic limit
SiteGround StartUp Plan Features 2020
SiteGround Startup plan is the very basic plan or you can say the entry plan from SiteGround shared hosting plans. Other than that, they do have GrowBig & GoGeek Plan. In this detailed SiteGround Startup review guide, I will help you to understand whether you should pick the Startup plan or not. And also explain all 3 different Siteground plans and who should buy which SiteGround plan.
SiteGround StartUp plan is the best-suited plan for beginners. This plan will come at an affordable price of $3.95/mo only. Although there is no monthly billing option, you have to buy for at least a 1-year plan. Even if this is the very basic plan, you can enjoy awesome Uptime of 99.99%, daily free backup, and fast SSD servers.
- Number of Websites Hosted Only One
- Storage Space 20 GB SSD Disk Space
- Monthly Bandwidth Unmetered
- Estimated Monthly Visitors ~10,000 Unique Visits
- No. of Subdomains Unlimited
- No. of Parked Domains Unlimited
- MySQL Databases Unlimited
- Free Installation of CMS Yes
- cPanel & Softaculous Yes
- Free Email Accounts Yes
- SiteGround SuperCacher Only Level 1
- Free Daily Automated Backups 30 Copies
- Backups Restore Not Free
- Free Backup (On-Demand) No
- Git (Pre-Installed) No
- Staging Environment No
- Free Shopping Cart Install Yes
- Free Let’s Encrypt SSL Certificate Yes
- PCI Compliance No
- Free Website Transfer No
Is SiteGround GrowBig Better Than StartUp Plan?
But, if you want to host more than 1 website you have to go for GrowBig plan. Not only that, after working few months on your website hosted on the Startup plan, if you see your website is growing with traffic, improved design with lots of plugins then you will get CPU Over usage messages from SiteGround. And then you have to upgrade to GrowBig from the StartUp plan. You can read the detailed SiteGround GrowBig Plan Review 2020 before purchase.
Even if you compare the price of the Startup plan Vs GrowBig plan, you will find a mare different of $2/mo. At that cost, you will get a lot of amazing SiteGround premium features to host multiple websites. You can check out the detailed GrowBig review to understand why SiteGround GrowBig is better than the SiteGround StartUp plan.
Buy SiteGround Startup Plan, if you want
Although I told you that the GrowBig plan is better than the StartUp. But if you think GrowBig is still costly, then you can start with the StartUp plan. The StartUp plan is good for the below reasons.
- If you want to host only 1 website. Good for beginners.
- If you don’t need high space. The StartUp plan comes with 10 GB space only.
- If your website has no traffic or less traffic. This plan has the highest traffic limit of 10,000 visits per month.
- If you don’t want to install many plugins, the StartUp plan has very fewer server resources and good for lightweight websites.
- SiteGround StartUp comes with FREE Let’s Encrypt SSL Certificate.
- Other than that rest everything is awesome. Means you can enjoy SiteGround support, 99.99% uptime, high-security servers, fast SSD servers, SPEED technology, SG Optimizer, latest PHP 7.4, etc.
Upgrade To GrowBig/GoGeek If…
So, if you are happy with the SiteGround Startup Plan, then fine. Otherwise, if you are also thinking like me and want to get the best out of SiteGround, then upgrade your plan from StartUp to GrowBig/GoGeek. In fact, you can transfer your website to SiteGround for FREE. There are multiple other benefits.
- You will get more disk space. 20GB with GrowBig & 30GB GoGeek.
- You can host multiple websites, in fact unlimited. But it is good to host fewer websites to get the best performance of your websites. I have hosted on 3 websites on my SiteGround GoGeek plan where this is the main blog and besides that, I have one subdomain for Black Friday 2020 Deals and another micro-niche blog on SiteGround hosting.
- If you need better support. You will get priority support with SiteGround GoGeek plan which is awesome to get your issues resolved anytime.
- For heavy design website, then you can host that website on the GoGeek plan and enjoy the best performance.
- If your website is growing traffic, you can host your website on the GoGeek plan as that plan has a monthly traffic limit of 1 lakh/month.
- Planning to start an eCommerce website, then you can enjoy premium quality wildcard SSL or PCI compliance.
- You can enjoy a staging facility for better website performance.
SiteGround Pricing 2020 (StartUp Vs GrowBig Vs GoGeek)
Here we are not talking about SiteGround Cloud hosting or other plans, rather I am talking about WordPress hosting or shared hosting plans. SiteGround WordPress hosting plans are very cheap and they have limitations as per the resource usage. So which is the best of SiteGround’s shared hosting plans for you?
- StartUp: This is the very basic SiteGround plan which is good for 1 website only. It has only 10GB space and traffic limits up to 10,000 visits per month. Although you will get all SiteGround SPEED features & daily backup, you will not get priority support with this plan. You can read the complete SiteGround StartUp review 2020.
- GrowBig: This one is quite better compared to the StartUp plan. With just $2/mo extra price, you will get 20 GB space, 25,000 visits/mo traffic, and priority support. Read the SiteGround GrowBig Plan Review.
- GoGeek: If your website traffic is very high, then the GoGeek plan can handle up to 1 lakh visitors/mo. This plan has all the advanced features like staging to make sure to get the best speed for your WordPress site.
FAQs On Thrive Theme Builder Review
✅ Who Should Buy StartUp Plan?
SiteGround StartUp is a very basic plan which is good for bloggers who want to start only 1 website. And as a beginner, there will be negligible traffic to that website. That means if you have only 1 website with a very low-traffic, less heavy theme, fewer plugins then you can go for the StartUp plan.
✅ How much does SiteGround StartUp Plan cost?
SiteGround StartUp plan will cost you $11.95/mo, but they do offer a default discount of 70%. That means you can pay $3.95/mo when buying the first time. But you have to buy for at least 1 year hosting from them. During SiteGround Sale, they also offer a 75% discounted price of $2.98/mo. Keep a track of our website for such updates.
✅ Which is Better Bluehost or SiteGround?
Both are 2 popular web hosting companies & recommended by WordPress.org as well. But when you compare them based on features and support, you will find a huge difference. I have shared a detailed video on this topic Bluehost Vs Siteground.
✅ Does SiteGround Offer FREE Domain?
No, SiteGround doesn’t offer a free domain name with its web hosting plan. In fact, there is no point to buy a domain with hosting providers. I always recommend buying a domain with domain registrars as you can change your web hosting plans from time to time.
✅ Does SiteGround Charge Monthly?
Yes, all SiteGround plans will show you a monthly billing price option only. But when you try to buy them, you will find the minimum duration is 12 months or 1 year. That means you can’t go for a month-to-month payment option.
✅ Which is Better GoDaddy or SiteGround?
Well, I have used GoDaddy long back and it was very cheap to start a website. But I was not happy with their support, speed technology, and the server resource limitations. In fact now at a similar price tag, I would say SiteGround is far better compared to GoDaddy.
✅ Is SiteGround Good For WordPress?
Yes, SiteGround WordPress plans are designed in such a way that a WordPress site can get the maximum benefits. There are multiple benefits like free backup, optimized servers for WordPress, SG Optimizer plugin, etc.
✅ How Do I Cancel SiteGround?
You can cancel SiteGround hosting as per their terms. By default, you will get a 30-day money back guarantee and you will get a refund if you cancel within that period of time. Better you talk to their support team and get the clear terms & conditions if any.
✅ Which hosting is best for WordPress?
Well, there are hundreds of very good quality web hosting companies in the world. We can’t use all of them at the same time. But I can say from my own experiences after using a couple of them in the last few years. Here is the list of Top 10 WordPress Hosting Companies in 2020 that you must look into.
✅ Should I Upgrade To GrowBig?
As mentioned above, SiteGround StartUP plan doesn’t provide much features compared to GrowBig plan. But cost wise GrowBig is just $2/mo extra. So, if you want to enjoy more feature with little extra investment then you must pick SiteGround GrowBig plan only.
Conclusion: Is SiteGround StartUp Plan Worth Buying?
So, I hope I am able to share almost everything about SiteGround StartUp Plan. And able to explain in which situation you should this plan. If you ask me the final verdict, I will always go with the SiteGround GrowBig plan ( 👉 Don’t forget the 70% Discount offer) as I believe in investing in blogging. Right investments + proper implementation of your plans will give you a massive return and that’s what I always follow. Make sure to keep a track of the upcoming 2020 Black Friday web hosting deals where you can actually get the maximum discounts on SiteGround StartUp Plan.
Feel free to share your thoughts on this detailed SiteGround StartUp review by writing a comment below. You can also ask your questions & doubts if any. I will answer them by replying to your comment or updating this article. Thanks for reading & sharing this.